Friday 11 August 2017

Friday Focus

I'm here today to share a card I made that was inspired by the Home Sweet Home photo at Time Out.

http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/challenge-89-home-sweet-home.html

This was a difficult one for me as I could see so many different ways to go, but in the end I did what I always do and pared everything down and came up with this card:


My eye was immediately drawn to the brown sofa and blue suitcase, so that sorted my colours and positioning of stamps on my card. I've recently discovered a new stamp company - Precious Remembrance Shop - and their stamps are really speaking to me, you know how much I love word quotes! And they arrived so quickly from the USA, but I did get copped for import duty though - yuck!


Main components stamped I then placed a circle mask over them and brushed on some pale blue ink and stamped some mini splodges to echo the map in the background of the inspiration photo.

Supplies:
Stamps: Precious Remembrance Shop, DIY
Inks: SU, baked brown sugar, dapper denim, soft sky

It's been fun having you visit, I always enjoy chatting to you and hope you like what you see. Thanks for your time.  And keep crafting!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I really admire how you do par things down and this really inspires my CAS loving heart. Great masking and love those added splashes. I also love quotes but taxes put me off...I am not going to even look at the website!! Thanks for joining Time Out and always supporting our challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool CAS design! I love the masked circle and the way you used the colors of our photo. Those splashes look great and add a lot of interest! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.