Monday 9 June 2014

Monday Moments

Two posts today - playing catch up!

A scrapbook page for the challenge at The Memory Nest to share today.  And - exciting news - I've won a guest design spot there! Wow! Am super thrilled to do this, scrapbooking is my first love and it will be fantastic to see my pages - yes, two pages - featured in July.

So on to today's page.  A two photo layout and just perfect for a couple of photos of my oldest grandson doing what he always does when he visits - bake chocolate chip cakes. He's been doing this ever since he was three when I used to look after him one day a week and now he's coming up to ten and still asks - bit of a tradition.  I'm wondering when he'll think it's not cool to do this any more and keeping my fingers crossed it won't be for a long, long time.

Needless to say he now does it all virtually unaided and these photos encapsulate that.


http://www.thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/make-it-monday-no-18.html 

Journalling is always important to my layouts and I used it to frame the elements on this page.  I went searching through my stash looking for stickers and alphas that were appropriate and found what I wanted on three different Christmas themed sheets.  Just goes to show you shouldn't be too dismissive of themed supplies.  They are a good investment and can be used right outside of what they were originally intended for.

Oh and the hearts were a necessary addition as I made a mistake in my journalling and needed to cover it over.  Really liking them though and so pleased I went wrong!

Supplies:
Papers: Bo Bunny, Back to Basics &  Double Dot; doodlebug, kraft in color
Stamps: My Mind's Eye, the sweetest thing; Daisy Bucket Designs, Amazing You; Technique Tuesday, Beautiful by Ali Edwards
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black; StazOn, jet black
Punch: Martha Stewart, heart
Alpha: ep, tis the season
Stickers: Fancy Pants, Merry Little Christmas; ep, Reflective Christmas
Embellishments: Papermanis, adhesive pearls 

Thanks for looking today.  Hope you'll come again.

Jane
 ***
Scroll on down for my second post.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your GD spot Jane.. Your LO is so lovely.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on your GD spot. You did a fantastic job with this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. Love your journalling - how wonderful to tell the story of this tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely layout. Love how you used the sketch which is perfect for these pictures. The yellow creamy background with the pops of red is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.