Thursday 7 November 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Two cards for the Less is More challenge today.  Their theme is dark background with a splash of colour(s). Well selecting the black card was the easy bit! It took a few attempts before I came up with a way to make the colours show up on the black. I sort of knew how I wanted the card to look, but stamping wasn't doing it for me. So I searched out some vibrant papers and used dies and punches to layer up and made the first card.


I thought I was done but then I got to thinking about the rules at Less is More and began to wonder if three layers plus a button would be too much. So I pondered some more and then spotted my box of washi tape and that's how the second card was born.


 

Supplies:
Hearts: Nesting die (can't remember make), Martha Stewart punch & hand cut
Paper, washi tape, gems & button from my stash 

Thanks for dropping by today.

Jane



2 comments:

  1. Hi there, both cards work beautifully for this challenge, well done with the washi too :D gay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many apologies for my extremely late visit.
    I was at a craft show on Friday and singing in a choral concert on Saturday!
    This is really sweet, love the pop of colour!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.