Wednesday 10 January 2018

Wednesday Words

I have a whole bunch of photos from Christmas that are going to keep me busy scrapbooking for some time so today I'm sharing one of my favourites using the challenge at Scrap the Boys which is asking for flowers on a boy layout - tough!

http://scraptheboys.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/happy-new-year-new-challenge.html

Here it is:


How expressive is that little face! And I was so pleased to remember these Stampin' Up papers that were hiding in my stash - perfect match for the photo.


I built up a stack using stickers from the disney themed Simple Stories Say Cheese. love it when you can use supplies for a completely different theme than they were intended, great way to stretch that stash.


When I started this challenge I wanted to keep in mind that the page and photo had to gel and the flower element shouldn't spoil the overall look. So I punched three flowers from the candy paper and placed them on a dark strip to see if I liked the look. And I did, so they stayed!

Supplies:
Papers: SU, Candy Candy Lane 
Alphas: AC thickers, Vera
Punch: Martha Stewart, daisy
Stickers: Simple Stories, Say Cheese
Embellishments: Doodlebug Sprinkles, ladybug asst.

Huge thanks for taking a look at my blog today, it's been great having you visit.

And keep crafting! 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jane, great design, sewing and paper flowers. Thank you for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane your layout is such a beautiful take on our challenge !! well done!! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap The Boys !! Have a nice day. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. this picture it's just so cute !! lovely layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet layout! Thanks for joining us at STB xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.