Wednesday 16 August 2017

Wednesday Words

Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page created with the Challenge YOUrself layout theme in mind.

http://scrap-challenge-yourself.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/challenge-yourself-44-use-die-cut.html

Using die cuts on scapbook pages is somethjing I often like to do, so that was easy. But the main requirement of pages for this challenge is that you MUST include yourself in the photo.

Now this is something I used to struggle with, but these days have come to realise no-one in the future is going to look at photos of me and think things like she should get a haircut. Hopefully they'll be just as intrigued as I am when I look back at photos of my ancestors and wonder about the clothes and hair.

So here's that page:


How often do I get all three grandchildren together and willing to stay still long enough? Only a few times each year!! So it was a special time when the weather played ball as well as them and this pic just had to be scrapped.


I found the aqua PL card and loved what it saud so that set one of my colours and then as a contrast I picked up on the coral colour from one of their shorts to combine with it.  The papers came first, then I added the die cut circles, spiro circles and stars and linked them altogether with some stamped splashes, sentiments and enamel dots using inks in both the colours.


Supplies:
Papers: AC Amy Tangerine, Oh Happy Life, kraft cardstock
Dies: MFT Die-namiics, double stitched circles; Xcut, stars & spiro circles
Stamsp: Precious Remembrance shop, Positive Toughts
Inks: SU, pool party, calypso coral
Embellishmants: MME, Now & Then enamel dots

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog today, it's been such fun having you visit. And keep crafting!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jane! I absolutely LOVE your fun and fabulous layout! And the photo with YOU in it is wonderful!!! (It was so hard for me to even have my picture taken, at first, too!) Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are all very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful layout Jane, and your photo is perfect! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Such a wonderful page. Love all the pretty details and your craft bg. Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane - what a lovely photo and page! Great layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing layout, the colors ate just beautiful, so your design! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great picture, love the craftpaper and the background work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.