Sunday 13 August 2017

Sunday Slot

Happy Little Stampers seems to have a bit of a flower theme running through some of their challenges this month and today's card is for the watercolour BLOOM challenge.

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2017/08/hls-august-watercolour-challenge.html

So I decided to give it a go, although watercolouring is not my strong field unless it's simple smooshing!


And I suppose the background to this card is a sort of smooshing, it's the first impression left over piece of watercoloured card from this card made and shared last Wednesday. I stamped the new Clearly Besotted flower cluster comimg off the top lefthand corner of the watercoloured block.

Then this card went through a bit of a 'dare I add anything else' process. I took photos as I went along in case I completely messed up and preferred what I had done before adding extras.


So I thought as this is a watercolour challenge I really ought to try to add a bit of colour using a brush - the way it always used to be done, but very scary! And I surprised myself - it's really a very relaxing thing to do!


Then I got a bit creative and remembered seeing clever folks add hand drawn frames and decided to give that a go. And I really think it was the right thing to do, gives it all a bit of focus don't you think?


Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Sending Sunshine
Inks: Ranger distress, picked raspberry, mustard seed; Memento, tuxedo black, pear tart

Thanks so much for sticking with me through my learning journey with watercolours today, your time and patience is much appreciated. And keep crafting!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Pink !! Wow so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at the HLS Watercolor challenge. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.