Saturday 10 June 2017

Happy Little Stampers - ATC Challenge June

I'm super excited to have you visit my blog today as I've joined the DT in a brand new ATC challenge that is making its debut at Happy Little Stampers. This is going to be so much fun!

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/

Artist Trading Cards (ATC's) are very popular and there aren't a lot of challenge blogs available for you to get inspiration from and link up to. So Happy Little Stampers is here to help to fill this gap!
Never made an ATC? Well let me tell you they are tremendous fun and quite addictive. So why not join in with this new monthly challenge?
  What are Artist Trading Cards?
Artist trading cards (ATCs) are miniature pieces of art that are traded around the world. Artists create, trade and collect art at organized "swap" events, either in person or online. The only official rule for an ATC is the size: 2.5" x 3.5"
source Strathmoreartist.com

The theme for this first challenge is FLOWERS and here's what I came up with:


I used a piece of smooshed watercoloured card and stamped the background flowers on top. I inked all round the edges of the card with black soot distress ink - really defines and finishes off such a small card. I then added a strip of washi and a handcut flower and leaves.


The addition of some nuvo drops and enamel dots was my final touch.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Fun Flowers & Background Blocks Doodle Flower
Inks: Ranger distress, cracked pistachio, blueprint sketch, peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon, black soot; Veramark, clear; Versafine, onyx black
Embossing: Ranger Superfine, black
Embellishments: Nuvo drops, midnight blue; Now & Then enamel dots; washi from my stash


And did I say these cards are addictive? Mmmm, well seems I've got the bug. So here's another two in my flower series.


As the whole point of ATC cards is to swap I'm happy to send these out to three of you. Just mention in the comments that you'd like one. If there's more than three of you I'll make a random draw and announce the winners in my next ATC Challenge blog post on 11th July.

There is loads more inspiration for you over on the HLS ATC blog - HERE.  Go take a look and then get creating. But remember the size rule - 2.5" x 3.5"

Huge thanks for looking today, hope I've inspired you to play along.  And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous set of ATCs! I have just started creating ATCs ... I've made one!!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of flower ATCs. I LOVE the colours. The way you changed them up for each one is awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jane love the colours and the beautiful flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so lovely and the colours are awesome.

    Hugs
    Meena

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.