Sunday 2 April 2017

AAA Cards - #87 Shiny Spring

Well Spring is certainly well established here in the UK and our clocks have now changed over to summer time which means longer days and lighter evenings - yay! So AAA Cards new challenge that starts today is right on point.

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2017/04/cas-game-87-shiny-spring.html

The theme is Spring with an optional twist of something shiny and I was thinking sunshine, flowers and the hedgerows greening up when I created my card


The background mat was created using Uniko's halftone block stamp and some bright happy colours. I then stamped and added a little colour to the blooms and handcut them out.


I combined a couple of sentiment words from different sets and added a coat of wink of stella for my shiny element.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Background Blocks Halftone, Flower Power #4, Simply Said 
Inks: SU cucmber crush; Brusho, yellow, turquiose
Die: MFT Dienamics, double stitched rectangle stax
Pro marker: tulip yellow 
Wink of Stella, clear

Now I know the rest of the AAA Cards DT have some superb Spring cards to share with you - one of the perks of being on the DT is that I get to see and drool over all their amazing creations before the posts go live. Check them all out here. We've also got the super talented Trina from  mycraftingcloset guesting with us this fortnight and there's a gift certificate from Happy Little Stampers to be won.

Thanks for visiting today, I always love that you find time to drop by my blog.  And keep crafting!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. What a striking card, Jane! Love the halftone background and the beautiful green colour. So glad I purchased that halftone stamp when Uniko offered free shipping.
    And thanks for giving me the opportunity to guest for this game. It was a fun challenge as always at AAA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely spring feel. Great fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A yummy and striking combo of Spring colours Jane. Love the pop of that Uniko background and what a fun technique too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm extremely happy to see spring is finally here. - for New York this challenge was perfectly timed. Love that background. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card. I love the yellow outlines flowers against the bright beautiful greens. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ! this is stunning Jane ! I love how you used the halftone Uniko stamp, it makes such a striking background for these soft flowers ! Love the CAS design ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.