Wednesday 22 February 2017

Uniko February Release - Introducing Background Blocks Halftone

I'm so excited to introduce you to today's stamp from Uniko's February release. It's one of those how did I ever manage without it sort of stamps and is going to be so so brilliant for creating backgrounds for cards and scrapbook pages.

http://unikostudio.blogspot.com/2017/02/introducing-background-blocks-halftone.html

So I gave this one a lot of thought and although as I mentioned it really lends itself to background stamping I wanted to use it as the main element on my card. Here's what I came up with:


And I'm really pleased with how this one turned out! I stamped the halftone twice, once in black onto white card and the second stamping in a mix of sparkly embossing powders onto black cardstock.

I die cut a stitched square from black cardstock and adhered the white card stamping to it. I then sliced up the sparkly stamping and turned each strip as I added it to the white card stamping.


I finished off the card with a simple white die cut word. And I don't often big myself up, but I'm a bit smitten with this card!

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Background Blocks Halftone
Inks: Memento,tuxedo black; Versamark, clear
Embossing: Hony Doo Crafts, mix of rose gold, silver sparkle & copper classic 
Die: Lawn Fawn, large stitched square stackables; Clearly Besotted, hello

So another stamp on your wishlist? Yep I'm sure it is and still another two introductions to go. Find the rest of the DT creations using the halftone block here

Are you saving up your pennies? The next two are just as yummy, desirable and very different! So thanks for dropping by today and be sure to come back again tomorrow.  And keep crafting! 

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant background stamping and layering.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I absolutely love your background, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Jane - really different x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is fantastic! Layering the pieces like this gives a real feeling of dimension. Makes a super guy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so different and it looks really metallic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever Jane in these metallic tones and super striking. A great idea with the half-tone BG for so many occasions. Fab design! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Yes indeed, this Background Blocks Halftone is laden with possibilities, as you've clearly shown here in making it the star of the stage! Love the metallic impact...
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely embossed panels Jane, I like the alternating arrangement, I am smitten by this card too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing effect you have achieved. The metallics paired with the black and white have showcased this stamp beautifully. Thank you so much. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning - I can definitely see why you are smitten! The half tone stripes really draw the eye in to the design and gives a kind of optical illusion. So clever :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.