Tuesday 15 March 2016

Tuesday Talk

Today I've indulged myself by using some gorgeous purples and pinks for a card made for the STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch challenge and Sir Stampalot's March challenge theme Flower Power.

http://stamplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/march-challenge.html   http://stamplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/march-challenge.html   Please grab our logo

Here's my purple passion:


I put some card through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then stamped the flower over the top in all three colours, rotating the stamp a little between layers. This gave me the texture and splodgy look I wanted for the background layer of my card.


I stamped the flower in purple then rotated it slightly and just inked up the edges in the lilac before stamping it again.  Then I rotated it a bit more and inked the edges in pink before stamping for a third time. A narrow matted purple border on both the background and flower layers and my card was done.

Supplies:
Stamps: Visible Image, Flower Inkognito; Uniko, Simply Said
Inks: Memento, grape jelly, lilac posies, rose bud, tuxedo black
Embossing: Cuttlebug, branches

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I really appreciate the time you spent with me here.

And keep crafting!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jane! Your card is delightful! I love the pretty purple and the textured background adds to the beauty! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations Sketch and theme challenge! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A totally delightful floral creation Jane and super inking and stamping, it's perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card!! It's so splattery and elegant and super super cool! The texture of that embossing folder is AMAZING! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Jane, love the effect with the inks. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful floral creation, Jane! Love Visible image stamps! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the texture on your background and the flower looks so pefect, great stamping technique. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations March challenge, hope to see you back this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so FUN!! Thanks for playing along in the STAMPlorations Theme and Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.