Thursday 3 March 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #163

Oh wow! Where did the time go? Here we are in March and it's my turn to be hostess for this month's challenges at CAS Colours & Sketches

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2016/03/challenge-163-colours.html

As always we kick off with a colour challenge and I chose some greens to mix up with a red in case any of you are thinking to make St Patrick's Day cards.

As you can see this wasn't the theme I went with for my card, but chose my favourite Spring flower as the focus. I'm always buying bunches of red tulips to stand on my kitchen windowsill and I love them in every stage of their life - from the tight closed buds right up to the drooping opened up end.


I simply stamped and coloured on a die cut rectangle and matted it onto the next sized rectangle die cut from one of the greens.


The sentiment was chosen because I always buy tulips when they're in season - this is a crd for me!

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, You Are Wonderful
Ink:  Memento, tuxedo black
Card: SU, cucumber crush
Die: Lil'inker, stitched mats rectangles
Promarkers: crimson, soft green

Here's a photo of those tulips I was talking about.


I'm hoping you're going to enjoy my colours and play along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Check out what the rest of the DT and our wonderful Guest Designer for March  -  Gail Townsend  - came up with here.

Thanks for dropping by today, I really appreciate and value your time.

And keep crafting!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jane. Love tulips and I love these. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love your tulips they always make me think of spring xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great colouring. I adore tulips too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - those tulips are gorgeous! I love the reasoning behind the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tulips are definitely my favourite too. Great card. And thanks for the photo of the tulips on your windowsill. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty & beautifully CAS. I especially like the green mat to your focal image, it really helps those tulips to pop :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Tulips are one of my favourites too. Wonderfully CAS and a great sentiment! Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tulips - on your card, and on your windowsill! The ones in my flower bed are just starting to peek out of the soil now that we are finally having some springlike weather here.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.