Thursday 26 November 2015

CAS Colours & Sketches #152

The last of November's challenges at CAS Colours & Sketches begins today. Woo, the end of November is approaching so fast!

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2015/11/challenge152.html

I love the simplicity of Louise's sketch and tried to honour this with my card.


I chose clean bright colours and die cut two circles from patterned paper. I picked out the red and die cut the thanks.  Then I felt it needed just a little something to ground it and tried the splatter stamp from SU Gorgeous Grunge but wasn't pleased with the result. So I opted for the grungy lines instead and think that is just enough to help the flow of the sentiment across the card.


I then rounded the corners of both the circle panel and card base to echo the curved lines of the circles.

Supplies:
Stmaps: SU, Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: SU, sahara sand
Paper: SU, Fresh Prints
Dies: Lawn Fawn, Scripty Thanks; Spellbinders, standard circles small
Punch: Xcut, corner rounder

It's over to you now, how will you interpret the sketch? Remember to visit the CAS Colours & Sketches blog to be amazed by the rest of the DT creations and then get busy. 

Thanks for dropping by today, I love that you found time to look at my blog.  And keep crafting! 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. You have captured the sketch perfectly Jane & the grunge lines really do help the flow of the sentiment across the card. Love the colours & DP you have combined. Beautifully done. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant taken he sketch, those grungy lines are just what was needed. Love your choice of colours/papers too.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect CAS design Jane and I love the addition of the grungy lines, they really 'make' the card. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic color scheme you chose. I agree that the grungy lines help ground the sentiment - and they play well with the striped designer paper, too. Super job, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.