Wednesday 28 October 2015

The Male Room #22

You're going to be so pleased with this month's theme at The Male Room! You know all those eyelets and brads you've got left in your stash from the days when they were the 'new trend', well this is your chance to dig them out and use them up.

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/challenge-22-stash.html

I've been seeing lots of words lit up with tiny lightbulbs around blogland and shopping centres recently and that's the look I've tried to recreate with my card.


I love how they are casting a shadow in the photo below, almost as if they really were lights!


And I have to say a big thank you to my husband for opening up all the pointy bits of the brads - I was such a girl and didn't want to spoil my nail polish.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU, Hardwood, Uniko, All Occasion Sentiments #6
Inbks: SU, baked brown sugar, tip top taupe
Card: SU, tip top taupe
Embellishments: brads from my stash 

So over to you now. I know you're not going to want to miss this opportunity to put a dent in your stash, but just check out the rest of the DT cards before you go rooting. Here's the link.

Thanks so much for looking today, I really appreciate your time.  And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jane, this is brilliant! They really do look like little lights, especially with the shadows! Brilliant take on the challenge! Love the wood grain background too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good hubby you have!! I can so totally see where you were going! Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cool effect that outlining your letters with brads gave to the sentiment, and very unique look too. I had to smile when I read that your husband helped you with the brads, because it sounded like something my wife would ask me to do too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.