Monday 10 August 2015

The Memory Nest - Make It Monday 46

Already time for the second August sketch at The Memory Nest. And it's another humdinger!

http://thememorynest.blogspot.com/2015/08/make-it-monday-no-46.html
So much going on in this sketch, it makes for a swift and easy spot of scrapbooking. I had this fabby photo to use, but because of the direction of the main viual I needed to flip the sketch. I find it helps to print out the sketch and then hold the paper up to a window to trace the outline whenever I flip sketches.


I picked up on the t-shirt colours for both the background and the elements on the page and added in a little purply grey card to link in the black and white parts of the photo.


I've learnt how to achieve this focal colour photography effect - which I absolutely adore - from an online Jessica Sprague course  - Digi 4 Back For More.  It's such a fabulous course, I'm learning so much and highly recommend it.


I just had to fit my journalling in on the main part of the page as it's such a hoot and so precious. I more or less copied it straight from my son's text message. I'm so looking forward to visiting them and being introduced to the cows!


And a closer look at that grid of circles. Do the the wavy line ones make your eyes go funny?

Supplies:
Papers: SU, Fresh Prints; Chatterbos, Scrapbook Walls
Alpha: Lawn Fawn, Louie's ABCs
Punch: Woodware, circle
Die: Clearly Besotted, Journal It

Well that's me done for today. Now it's over to you. I'm looking forward to seeing your colours and how you interpret the grid of circles and reading your journalling. Be sure to share your pages, or cards, here.

And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page. Love that picture and the way you flipped the sketch. Love where you journaled, very clever!! And love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab page! Great job with your layout and your journalling is so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this layout Jane! Your selection and mix of pattern paper is just PERFECT! the color choice really makes makes the photo a focal point - such a cute way to save a sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jane..what a terrific photo, its as if the cow is posing!!! LOL...love the colors, patterns and pretty banner and thanks for always leaving me nice comments! Nice to be on the team with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.