Wednesday 10 December 2014

Wednesday Words

Amazing how someone so tiny can cause such a lot of upheaval and anxiety. So yes, at last, my new grandson has been persuaded to come and meet us. Two weeks late, three tense days and then a final three hours of near panic - me not them - and he's here! I'm convinced it's less stressful to do it yourself than wait at home for a phone call.

Anyway time to catch up a bit with my December Daily now my brain is a bit calmer and able to concentrate on one thing without flitting off on a tangent. So three days completed and ready to share. I'm linking my pages up with Let's December Daily - here - so much brilliant inspiration over there, the DT are all so talented and arty.

Let's December Daily Badge

Seems like forever ago, but here's my Dec 4th pages.


And a closer look. The Scrooge quote is not because my dad is mean, just a grumpy old man - but then aren't they all?


And the photo of him being made to open his own cards - you do it Jane - no way!


5th December  was a beauty, just loved decorating the real tree.

And the closer look:


I'd forgotten about these two little girls that I bought last year - so very cute. And the first one is supposed to be out of focus - I was playing with depth of field on my husband's DSLR camera - at least I think that's what it's called.


Then on Saturday we escaped for a few hours and visited Holkham in Norfolk. Oh WOW! So many absolutely stunning rooms decorated for Christmas. Almost impossible to pick just one photo!
 

And the journal card:


Just couldn't resist this photo. I was so taken by the fox's face and the person dressed up made him into such a character, pouring tea, stirring in sugar and picking up a cracker and wearing it as a bow tie - magic! Could have sat and watched for ever.


So that's three days caught up, only another couple to go.

Hope you enjoyed today's share. Thanks so much for visiting. Off to meet my new grandson this afternoon - really excited!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. This is looking just totally fabulous, Jane. Congratulations on the birth of your new little grandson - how exciting for you and happy birthday to your Dad too. Your tree and decorations are wonderful. Thanks for sharing this with us at Let's December Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness Jane!!! These pages are priceless! I love the one of your dad, and its a wonderful memory captured lol, quote and all! Great Christmas tree page - Dec Daily would be right if it didnt have the 'tree decorating' page!! (big smile) And what a treat to see those Christmas displays!! Great capture for that too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.