Saturday 1 November 2014

Saturday Slot

Welcome to my blog and a whole new month. Can't believe how fast this year is flying past! As you read this I'll be busy taking photos ready for my day in my life album - hope to share that with you early next week.

Today I'm delighted to share a win over at The Male Room, such a thrill to see my card pop up and such an apt challenge for me!


winners badge     

And here I go with a card for their next challenge - WOOD. As well as The Male Room's theme I also used the colours from Color Throwdown and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for this birthday card for my youngest son.

http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/color-throwdown-316.html    http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/freshly-made-sketches-160-sketch-by-rita.html



Two types of wood are represented on this card - the hardwood stamp and the wooden chevrons.  A simple CAS sentiment to match this CAS male themed card.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU, Hardwood; Uniko Studio, All Occasion Sentiments #2
Inks: SU, pacific point, crushed curry; Memento, tuxedo black
Embellishments: Scraap 365, wooden shapes

Thank you for your time today, hope you enjoyed looking.


post signature

5 comments:

  1. Great combination of challenges. I like the clean, graphic layout, the bold colours and the wooden elements - faux and real. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great masculine card! I love the woodgrain, and the chevrons are a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. A great take on the sketch. Love the arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cards Jane. Love the way you stamped the sun image on the first one. The wood grain background looks great on the second. Also like the wood veneer. Thank you for playing with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect masculine birthday card! Love the design and combination of the wood stamp and the veneer.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.