Saturday 28 June 2014

Saturday Scribbles

After all the excitement of CASing a card for AAA Cards this week I was delighted to to see Time Out are also asking for a card to be CASEd.  Theirs is by Donna Mikasa and uses some of my all time favourite colours.

http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.fi/2014/06/challenge-8-case-donna-mikasa-with-your.html 

Once again I've stuck pretty close to the original - such a striking vibrant card!

I've picked up on the colours, the hexagons, the butterfly and the gold. My twist is to use a coloured card, all butterflies, a die cut sentiment and I've reversed the colours on my hexagon stencil which colours the lines rather than the insides - I swiped a brush of colour over the insides after I removed the stencil.


Supplies:
Stencil: TCW, hexagon
Inks: SU melon mambo, tangerine tango, daffodil delight
Dies: lawn fawn, scripty thanks; Lil'inker, stitched mats recatnagles
Punch: Martha Stewart, butterfly trio

Thanks for visiting my blog today, it's much appreciated. Be sure to check out AAA Cards blog hop tomorrow.  It's going to be a big one with 8 prizes and a treasure hunt!!

Jane
*** 

4 comments:

  1. Fun card! You've made a great interpretation of Donna's card, all the elements work very well in your beautiful layout! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fab twists to Donna's card. I love you coloured the lines of the stencil...very creative and I do love using coloured base cards and should do so more often, this looks great. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to CASE my card! I love your twists in the challenge, and that fab die cut sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards! I love your case, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.