Thursday 29 May 2014

Thursday Thoughts

A card for the current challenge at Uniko Studio today.

I'm sure everyone is aware of my love for Uniko Studio stamps and right from when I first discovered them Beverley has left such kind comments and encouragement that it makes them a double pleasure to use.  Last month I was thrilled to make their top 3 honourable mentions which has left me all buoyed up and ready for their new challenge.

http://unikostudio.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/uniko-studio-challenge-no-10-thinking.html 

[Uniko Studio Challenge] No. 10 - Thinking of You 


Having experimented with a shaker card on Tuesday, I decided to give it another go.  This time I wanted it to be more of female card so I opted for the Uniko Studio flower die, in two sizes, to make my window.  

Once again I used funky foam and card with acetate sandwiched between them to make the raised aperture needed to hold the sequins. I then adhered some pretty paper slightly offset onto the top card layer.

Before adhering the window to my base card I masked off the centre portion using the discarded punched out centre of the flower and stamped a border with the oh so versatile Background Builders Vines stamp set.


I decided to stamp the sentiment on a strip of card to make it more prominent and finished off by popping a Wink of Stella sparkle to the middle of all the flowers.


So two shaker cards completed now - quite liking the effect and they are kind of fun!

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Background Builders Vines, All Occasion Sentiments #2 & #5, Flower Power #1 & #2
Inks: Memento, teal zeal, lulu lavender; SU, bermuda bay, pool party; Adirondack, watermelon; Kaleidacolor, berry blaze
Paper: NitWit, Bonnets & Bowties
Die: Uniko Studio, graphic flowers time
Embellishments: Kuretake, Wink of Stella clear
Sequins & funky foam from my stash

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I do appreciate your time and interest.

Oh and don't forget that $20:00 prize over at AAA Cards this week!

Jane
 ***



7 comments:

  1. A really delightful creation Jane! beautiful colors and that shimmery sequins captures the attention immediately!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really getting the hang of the shaker cards. Okay - you've inspired me. I'm gonna have to give it a try. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, this is simply FABulous. Love shaker cards and I must have a go as they do look fun! The combination of stamps you've used is perfect. Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jane, I too have developed a new found love of shaker cards!! They are such fun to create and are just stunning. Yours is no exception. Loving the beautiful stamping done behind the shaker part. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jane, what a wonderful card. Love how you have made it a shaker card. Thank you so much for joining in with the Uniko Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing fun card. I love the shaker elements as the center and the effective blooms as embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us at Uniko Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW, how did I miss this LOVELINESS?????

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.