Saturday, 31 May 2014

Saturday Scribbles

Seems like I'm totally hooked on shaker cards at the moment. Last week I hadn't made any, now I've made three - my usual number to stop!

Today's shaker has another three to it - three challenges in one go.  Been a while since I've managed that.

I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, the colours from Color Throwdown and the inspiration from CASE Study.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/freshly-made-sketches-138-sketch-by-jen.html           http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/color-throwdown-294.html       http://www.casestudychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/case-study-challenge-193.html 

So here's my card:



Funny how the watermelon ink looked a good match for strawberry slush in real life.

And a closer look at the shaker window.


First I cut the window from card and funky foam. In case you're wondering I use funky foam because I don't mind if it shows a bit, unlike foam tape which I wouldn't want to show. I got this idea from Aimes here.

Next I used the frame to pencil in a rectangle so I knew where to stamp the poppies and sentiment. I adhered the ribbon tab to the frame, popped in the sequins and stuck the frame down.  Lastly I attached the button tied with thread.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Remember & sentiment from Pretty Petals
Inks: Adirondack, watermelon; Memento, toffee crunch; SU, pool party
Die: Lil'inker, stitched mats rectangles 
Other: sequins, funky foam, button and embroidery floss from my stash

Thanks for dropping by today. Best wishes for a wonderful weekend and don't forget to look out for AAA Cards new game tomorrow.

Jane
 ***

14 comments:

  1. amazing shaker, and if I ever get around to it, I will link back to yours as I ADORE IT.. Just lovely, and a secret, or not-s-secret FAVE of mine is POPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun when you like a technique! You did awesome - I love the stitched framing and pretty colored sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I love this shaker card! The floral images behind all the sequins are just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is gorgeous! I love those pretty flowers you've used and I also love how you've created a shaker card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love that you created a shaker card from all these sources of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! the red stamping is great inside! Shaker cards are so fun and we all make them differently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love your shaker...it's sooo beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty shakercard love it. Thanks for joining us over at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My GOD....this is really a STUNNING CARD-..I believe I see a winner here..your card is soooo amazing, loovee all ..the color..the shaker..the poppies....the simpicity....oh WOOOOWW Card

    By the way, I join the Freshly Made Sketches too this time and maybe you would like to see my simple card..its number 99 in the mr Linky...would be happy if you leave me some love too...Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this simple but FUN card!! And I love how shaker cards are making a comeback! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pretty shaker card, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun is this!! Love this shaker frame with flowers and the dimensions make it a perfect CAS card (all the white space) but, with pizzazz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, love the ideas of flowers in a shaker frame...the red poppies are fabulous with all of the white!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! Love the clean look and your shadow box! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.