Saturday 12 April 2014

Saturday Scribbles

Hi everyone.  Just a quick post today before I get settled in for a weekend of sorting out the garden.

The card I'm sharing today was made using the CAS Colours & Sketches layout and my new Clearly Besotted stamps - beginning to be a bit of a favourite among favourites!

I took a bit of artistic licence with the sketch and turned the three squares down the side into circles.  I tried several variations on squares, but maybe because of the roundness of the flowers on the tree none of them looked right.  So after several attempts finding their way to the bin I settled on the embossed circles.

So here's my card:





Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Design A Tree
Ink: Memento, pistachio, rhubarb stalk
Embossing: Cuttlebug, swiss dots
Punches: Woodware circle, Xcut corner
Embellishments: Stickle, star dust; button & twine from my stash

Thanks for calling in today.  Have a fun filled weekend!

Jane
 ***

3 comments:

  1. Excellent decision to use circles and rounded corners for complete softness and loveliness, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card - great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you've changed the three squares for circles, as you say, it fits in beautifully with the tree image.Thank you for playing along at CC&S this week.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.