Tuesday 11 March 2014

Tuesday Talk

Yesterday I worked on a scrapbook page that needed a lot of space for extended journalling.  So this week's layout from Unscripted Sketches was a gift. I simply rotated the sketch and placed my 6x4 photo at the top left rectangle and an envelope to contain the journalling at the bottom right rectangle.

There is nothing very private about the journalling, just rather a lot I wanted to include. It tells the story of my middle pregnancy, high blood pressure, living apart, moving house one week before the due date, the doctor's horror when I went to register, my oldest succumbing to his first illness when subjected to all the new bugs and the chaos of a new home, new baby and ill toddler all combined with Christmas - definitely one to remember!

Originally I'd chosen purply yellow papers, but once I'd found the little polaroid embellishment,  (originally made after reading this blog post), lurking in my stash and placed it on the envelope I just had to change my colour choices.  And I'm so pleased I did as I'm really loving the turquoise/yellow/red combo.

 Sketch247 

Supplies:
Papers: AC, kraft cardstock; My mind's Eye, Miss Caroline; + the spotty paper and scraps
Alphas: ep, a perfect summer; Bella Blvd, sophisticates
Punch: Martha Stewart, heart
Embellishments: buttons, twine & stickers from my stash

I also want to share my March patchwork block, Explore, for the Sugar Block Club.  I found the paper piecing large pinwheel surprisingly difficult and it took several attempts to get it right - just couldn't get my head round the doing it from the back for some reason. I don't think I've ever unpicked so much sewing before and when I eventually cracked it I realised it was so easy and couldn't think why I'd made such hard work of it. That's just how it goes sometimes!

Anyway here it is:


Thanks for dropping by today, hope the sun shines on you wherever you are.

Jane
 ***

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful page - love you did a layout with the sketch! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are the gift!! So wonderfully crafted and masterfully done!! I love this glimpse of their lives that I get too see!! A secret moment shared, gorgeous, so creative, YOU are the perfect one for unscripted sketches!! Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches, means a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I'm working on a scrapbook for my niece, and I'm so glad I found your blog! Lots of inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling baby and AWESOME scrapbook page. I love all of the details. The envelope for that special note or baby band is an awesome thought. Thanks for joining us at US. Hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.