Wednesday 5 February 2014

Wednesday Unscripted Layout

Hey!  Welcome to my blog and a scrapbook page to share today for a first time ever challenge for me at Sketch it Saturday - Unscripted Sketches.  I heard about this challenge from Kimberly, my first ever follower, as she'd noticed I enjoy making pages and thought it might be up my street. Kimberly is an avid card maker and occasional scrapbooker and she blogs just about every day here, well worth a look, loads of inspiration.

I decided to make my page about the latest addition to my family - Andrew & Vic's new canine friend.  They've always had some sort of pet, a rabbit and a few rats, but really wanted, but didn't have the space for, a dog.  So now completely settled into their new house the time was right and they researched the breed that would suit them best.  They came up with the idea of a retired greyhound, had their house checked out for suitability and hey presto within two days had found their ideal friend.

So on Saturday I went over to meet Murray for the first time and was very quickly charmed by him.  He's huge, but docile, obedient and contented.  So here he is:


Sketch_242 


I kept pretty true to the sketch, just shrinking it down a little to suit my current style.  I added sprinkles of ink to help the flow and some buttons to add dimension and frame the key elements of my page. 

Supplies:
Paper: Bo Bunny Doubledot designs & scraps from ep
Alphas: ep mini alpha & Websters Little Story Tellers
Inks: Mr Huey's Color Mists, dark calico, plum thumb, opaque white
Embellishments: Hemp twine & buttons from my stash

Thanks for dropping by today and be sure to check out Kimberly's blog.

Jane
 ***  

3 comments:

  1. Love that you used the sketch for a layout! What a sweet page! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your LO! I really like the paint splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page. I love the look of Murray and using him on the page. Great work. I am so glad you joined us for our sketch challenge at US. Hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.