Sunday 9 February 2014

Sunday Scrapbooking

Just a very late and quick post to share the two pages I've made today.  I love following TheMemory Nest's blog and try to enter their challenges as much as possible.  So when I saw this layout challenge I knew I'd want to give it a go. It's a bit different to my usual style and took me a while to decide which photos to use.  But then the decoration of my very badly cracked walls seemed to present the perfect subject for this photo booth strip theme.


 


Supplies:
Paper: AC, kraft cardstock; My Mind's Eye paper scraps
Stamps: Kaisercraft, grid; Technique Tuesday, life in pictures by Ali Edwards
Alphas: Large alpha from my stash; October Afternoon, mini market
Ink: Mister huey's Color Mists, sunshine, opaque white, dark calico
Embellishments: circle punches & buttons

Inspired by this page's multiple photos I then branched off into circles and made this page about my garden in January.  I added some stitching to ground the circles and a few random circle stickers that were left over from alpha sheets.  I'm really pleased with how the photos look cut into circles - all the less interesting bits got chopped off!


Thanks for looking at my blog, hope you found it interesting.

Jane
 ***

6 comments:

  1. Very nice take of our sketch! Looks good :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at tMN <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the sketch. What a neat thing to showcase - walls that need fixing. I love how you then branched off to create the sketch with the circles. It is so great how sketches can inspire us! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your pages and photography Jane. The journalling is a lovely personal touch too. One of these days I'll make a start on a scrapbook - I've got lots of crafting kit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea to use before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page using the sketch. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the sketch. What a great idea to document your wasps getting fixed.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.