Saturday 22 February 2014

Saturday Scribbles

Another trawl back through my photos for today's scrapbook page.  When I started scrapping I made a heritage type album and did a double page about each of my boys, vowing it was just not possible to back track through their childhood and make individual albums.  Well I've sort of changed my mind, not about individual albums, but I can now see it's possible to scrap at least some of the better photos and at the moment these pages all live in an album labelled 'before 2000'. I'm thinking at some point this might need to be split into two albums, but for now it's ok.

So today's page was inspired by The Memory Nest's February Colour Challenge.  The photo I used just sort of jumped out at me because of the colours - such a lovely combo from the challenge that set off my photo so well.  I've even managed to use one of the phrases as a title - I think being the youngest of three boys led to a lot of being passionate and fearless!

I added the little journalling blocks as my memories are a bit random, but tell the story of this holiday. I flicked some inks and added buttons - becoming a bit of a thing at the moment - to link up the different parts of the page. Then I couldn't resist adding a little patch of the papers on the right hand side, a sort of echo the rest of the page.

Please excuse the crooked look of some of the elements, they're not in real life, it just seems to happen when I take and crop photos.


 

Supplies:
 Paper: AC, kraft card stock + scraps from my stash
Alpha: October Afternoon, mini market
Stamp: Collage Press, official record
Inks: Memento, rich cocoa; Mister Huey's Color Mists,plum thumb & opaque white
Embellishments: buttons from my stash

Thanks for dropping by today.  Have a great weekend!

Jane
 ***  

5 comments:

  1. Great work! Very good use of our color combo!
    Thank you for playing along with us at tMN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the buttons on this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layout love the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the colors. I love how you used the buttons. Thanks for playing along at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your take on the color challenge. The buttons are so fun!!! Such an adorable picture. Thanks for playing with us at tMN, Jane!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.