Monday 10 February 2014

Monday 10 on the 10th Moments

First up I have to celebrate one of my scrapbook pages being featured over at The Memory Nest and another one at Unscripted Sketches. How amazing is that! Always a thrill when this happens and I'm absolutely delighted.

So on to today's main share, my February 10th ten things list. This month I went with 'Things I see when I think of Winter'.

1. Snow - well it just had to be!  But specifically I remember William's first experience of snow. He was about 17 months old and the look on his face as he tried to work out why he was sinking into the ground was just priceless.  I didn't catch that on camera, but I did get a tender moment of him with Leo when he was thinking about touching snow for the first time.


2. Frozen water - this is my bird bath, but when it's on the ground I still can't resist stamping and breaking it up.


3. Minus degree temperatures - not had many of those so far this winter. Love the cool, freshness the frost gives to the grass.


4. Frost patters on glass - I'm old enough to remember how Jack Frost used to draw these patterns especially for me on my bedroom windows when I was little. There was no heating of any kind in my bedroom way back then, unles you count a hot water bottle of course.


5. Cobwebs showcased by frost.



6. Bare branches against the sky - I really lucked out with this shot capturing birds resting a while.


7.  Robins - we have a pair of robins that visit our garden several times a day throughout the year, but I always associate them with winter.


8. Berries - echoing the red of the robin's breast berries always add a splash of brightness to add a spike of cheer.


9. The fireplace - particularly when it's decorated for Christmas and is a real one!  Not mine sadly, but one of my sons. So I get all the fun without any of the hard work.


10. Hands warming round a mug of something hot - soup is a healthy choice, but hot chocolate an indulgence. If you look closely you will see my flaking nails, another thing I see a lot of during the winter months.


Well that's my list completed. I wonder what things pop into your head when you think of Winter?  Maybe you will leave a comment to let me know.

Thanks for dropping by today, hope it's not too cold or wet or windy or hot where you are.

Jane
 ***



1 comment:

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.