Friday 21 February 2014

Friday Focus

Just a quick post today to share my newest craft - crochet.  Although I've knitted all my life I've never learnt how to crochet. So believing firmly in lifelong learning and you're never too old etc I set about teaching myself to crochet.

I found these amazing blog posts, here and here to inspire me, got out an old crochet hook and leftover wool, tuned in to youtube and produced this:


On the strength of this tiny sample I ordered supplies and started to make my basket.  It was a bit of a learning curve and at one point I lost stitches, but embracing 'accept imperfections' I carried on and got more fluent and tidy.





Now I'm really pleased with myself and keep looking at my basket and thinking 'I made that!'  And the colours are just so me!



Supplies:
Pattern: www.yarninspirations.com link here
Cotton: Lily Cotton, Sugar & Cream colour  - Fruit Punch

So now I need a new crochet project to keep my fingers busy.  I'm scouring the internet for ideas and will keep you posted.

Thanks for dropping by today.

Jane
 ***

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first crochet project Jane. It looks great and I love the colors you chose. Great idea to store paper punches inside. I look forward to seeing what you crochet next.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.