Thursday 28 November 2013

Thursday Thoughts

A card for CAS(E) this Sketch today.  The rectangular lattice on the sketch had me searching through my dies as I knew it reminded me of one of them.  So that was the starting point for my card.  Once the fence was cut I knew I wanted to put a stamp behind and went for my poppy field stamp from Inkylicious. 

All my flower stamps and punches seemed too big and clumsy for the corner elements, so I chose butterflies instead and stamped some tiny ones around the poppies too. A little bit of twine to ground the image and a fairly open sentiment and I was done.



Supplies:
Stamp: Inkylicious, Poppy Lea; Clearly Besotted, sentiment from Take Good Care
Inks: Memento, rich cocoa, rose bud
Promarkers: Poppy
Punch: Martha Stewart
Die: Spellbinders d-lite
Embellishments: twine & Glassy Accents

Just want to share this photo before I go.  I took it on a walk late yesterday afternoon just as the sun was setting and there was a mist rising from the field.  We've been having some beautiful skies here in Lincolnshire recently.


Thanks for dropping by today.

Jane

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic take on the sketch Jane - perfect use of the stamps and gate together..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take on the sketch--I love that wrought iron fence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the fence, so perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the sketch. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, your card is so nice. : ))
    Greetings from Germany Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win, Jane! I'd love to have you guest design for us over at CAS(E) this Sketch. If you are interested, you can e-mail me from my profile or from the CAS(E) this Sketch page. I couldn't find a way to e-mail you from you page so if you could contact me, we'd love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This IS a phenomenal card, CONGRATS on that win!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.